Welcome to the Augusta Jewish Federation

Community

The Augusta Jewish Federation promotes a vibrant, active Jewish Community in the CSRA area. We are a primary benefactor for the Augusta Jewish Community Center and the local partner for the PJ Library program. The Federation sponsors events and activities that foster Jewish life, Jewish values, and Judaism worldwide, and/or educate the Jewish and non Jewish community on current events from a Jewish perspective.

Sharing

The Federation supports programs consistent with Jewish Values. We provide family services to Jewish families in need. We award scholarships to young adults, including those traveling to Israel while participating in the Taglit Birthright program. The PJ Library provides books to young Jewish readers that opens a window into Jewish life and values.

Giving

Augusta Jewish Federation activities depend on volunteers and donors such as you. There are many opportunities to get involved; volunteering, sharing and leading. The Annual Community Campaign is our main tool to fund our activities locally as well as globally. Over 75% of the money we collect remains in the community, with the remaining 25% going to National initiatives and worldwide support for Jews in need.


 

Our Welcome Center helps people new to the area to connect with Jewish resources.

 

Our Welcome Center is designed to assist people new to the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) in finding Jewish resources in the area. If you plan to move to the area, or just passing through, the Welcome Center is a quick way to learn about Judaism in the CSRA

.

Shalom! - We're glad you found us!

 

JEWISH RESOURCES IN THE CSRA

 


We don't need to tell you that reading to your children is important. Study after study has shown it impacts a child’s development. Even the mere presence of books in a home increases the level of education they can reach.

But finding the right books and making the time to read as a family can be hard. That’s where PJ Library comes in. 

PJ Library sends free Jewish children's book to families across the world every month. We know that something magical happens when parents sit down together to read with their children. PJ Library shares Jewish stories that can help your family talk together about values and traditions that are important to you. 

A program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, PJ Library is made possible through partnerships with philanthropists and local Jewish organizations. Families with kids ages 6 months through 8 years old with Judaism as part of their lives, are welcome to sign up. PJ Library welcomes all Jewish families, whatever your background, knowledge, or family make-up, or observance may be.

As a PJ Library partner, the Augusta Jewish Federation makes access to the library easy through the Augusta Jewish Community Center. Stop by the AJCC at 898 Weinberger Way in Evans, GA to learn more and see what is available today!

LTC John Shoenholz - Augusta Jewish Federation Member

Federation is the only Augusta organization that touches every aspect of the Jewish community. We are the voice of the Central Savannah River (CSRA) community collective, welcoming newcomers, anticipating the present and future needs of our local and global Jewish world with our community and for our community.  The Federation welcome newcomers and visitors alike to our thriving community and helps in any capacity it can depend on the individual or family needs.  Here we see community member Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Shoenholz of the US Army  Judge Advocate General's Corp returning from overseas training to his family.  We are proud that the CSRA is home to many military personnel as Augusta is home to the US Army Garrison Ft. Gordon, the home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence, the Army's Signal Regiment, and a other units from all four military branches. Ft. Gordon.  Lieutenant Colonel Shoenholz came to Ft. Gordon on military assignment and has stayed to raise his family because of the quality of life and our great August Jewish Federation community!